The Window

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went up to Mt Baker/Artist Point yesterday. the weather forecast had called for mostly sunny n Glacier, which is right at the base of Baker, and about as close a location as you can find on most weather reporting sites. anyway, we got there and found Shuksan about half covered in clouds. snapped a few for conversion to BW, and headed up to Artist Point. got up there, totally fogged in. rats! went partway out along Artist Ridge Trail anyway, just to see what we could see. not much - couldn't even see a TRACE of Mt Baker! but every once in a while, there'd be a momentary and very localized thinning of the fog, forming gaps through which we could glimpse fragments of Shuksan or the peaks to the east. then this "window" opened, and i grabbed a shot... American Border Peak (R) and Canadian Border Peak (L), seen through this hole in the fog, made a very unique composition! believe it or not, this is NOT a Photoshop job... all i did to this was crop a bit and enhance the contrast and saturation!

IMG_9724a%20sm_zps3jmkybyx.jpg

I like this shot!
I've had quite a few of those "window" days up there in 38 years +. You're teased and tantalized with a quick photo op and then it's gone. Nice backyard, though...any day.

First you bribe the birds to pose up close for you, now you convince the weather gods to part the clouds.

I like this shot!
I've had quite a few of those "window" days up there in 38 years +. You're teased and tantalized with a quick photo op and then it's gone. Nice backyard, though...any day.

thanks, Joe! i'd love to have this in my "backyard", but i settle for one or two visits a year..

First you bribe the birds to pose up close for you, now you convince the weather gods to part the clouds.

what can i say, Bill? :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back