Townsend's Warbler sampling millet

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

My first sighting of this delightful warbler was in early October 2013. Since then three pairs have been frequently bathing in the bird bath or coming in closer to drink from a fountain outside my dining room window. Much to my surprise they began to visit a feeder which I had recently put some millet in. I had read that they would sometimes eat suet but I wasn't aware of them eatting seed from a feeder.

Of course I couldn't resist hanging a small feeding basket directly outside the dining room window....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although some Townsend's warblers visited my backyard bird feeder last spring and the Willow Creek fish hatchery last summer, I was never able to get as good of shots as yours. Bravo! :eek:

Thanks for the input. I'll have to try millet once my present supply of bird seed runs out.

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com