Veterans Memorial Museum in Chehalis

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Deka

t4i2003098wcr.jpg

Gearworks from an old tank.

If you have not ever been there, I highly recommend visiting the museum.
It is very nicely done.

Deka

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive sprocket from a WWII M5 Stuart light tank (or a derivative)... Do they have the entire vehicle on display? Will have to stop in next time I'm down that way!

Last edited:
Drive sprocket from a WWII M5 Stuart light tank (or a derivative)... Do they have the entire vehicle on display? Will have to stop in next time I'm down that way!

Rocky, there was a sign on the tank but I didn't get a shot of it. Sorry. From the looks of it, it is the entire tank. I should have taken more shots. ha ha ha
My husband and I have driven by it so many times on the interstate! We finally made a point to go in and it didn't disappoint.
Hubby is a military history buff. Me, not so much. I did enjoy all of the displays and personal stories.
Find the time to go and enjoy a journey of military memorabilia.

OK, I've just been told that I needed to get a shot of the gun! Thank's Dear!! ha ha ha

Deka

Last edited:

t4i2003099wcr.jpg

Here is a shot of the front end into the personnel compartment.
Not a great shot but still has some details.

Deka

Rocky, there was a sign on the tank but I didn't get a shot of it. Sorry. From the looks of it, it is the entire tank. I should have taken more shots. ha ha ha
My husband and I have driven by it so many times on the interstate! We finally made a point to go in and it didn't disappoint.
Hubby is a military history buff. Me, not so much. I did enjoy all of the displays and personal stories.
Find the time to go and enjoy a journey of military memorabilia.

OK, I've just been told that I needed to get a shot of the gun! Thank's Dear!! ha ha ha
Deka

From the shot you got of the front end, it's an M3, not an M5... I couldn't tell for sure from just the running gear. The M3 is just an earlier model of essentially the same thing. Here's a restored one being driven during "Tankfest" last summer at Paul Allen's Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum in at the south end of Paine Field in Everett. If hubby is interested, the event is next Saturday, the 27th. Veterans admitted free.

IMG_7092 s,.jpg

There is another military museum at Ft. Lewis that is visible from I-5. Has anyone been to that one?

I've wanted to go but hubby says it is a hassle to get authority to get on base to see it. I'm going to be persistent and insist that we go. ha ha ha

Deka

From the shot you got of the front end, it's an M3, not an M5... I couldn't tell for sure from just the running gear. The M3 is just an earlier model of essentially the same thing. Here's a restored one being driven during "Tankfest" last summer at Paul Allen's Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum in at the south end of Paine Field in Everett. If hubby is interested, the event is next Saturday, the 27th. Veterans admitted free.

View attachment 22455

Wow! That is awesome!!! Paul Allen is doing wonders preserving history.

Deka

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back