Weekend in the Sawtooth.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Yelena

Sawtooth Range in the summer

Several weekends ago, I drove to photograph the wild flowers in Stanley, ID and was rewarded with an unusually grand display this year due to record rainfall.
View attachment 3703

The storm as seen approaching in the above photo did not disappoint. I manage to get the lightning shot seconds before downpour began.
View attachment 3704

The weather was dreadful and very cold most of the night. I almost gave up and drove home. The fog suddenly lifted just before sunrise, and my patience was rewarded.
View attachment 3705

Last edited:

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
love the lightning shot! did you by chance get to visit Stanley Lake while you were there? the view of McGown Peak is spectacular, especially in early morning when the lake is calm...

Graham Line

Used to be a frequent patron of the Sawtooth Lodge. The second and third photos look very saturated. Was that an effect of the light that day?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com