Welcome back Osprey (Upload Error - Solved)

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

So when I try to upload a image. I get an message that image is to big? R.J

Image Taken with 5DIV

That should not happen. The new forum software is supposed to automatically downsize a photo. Send a PM to Bob and explain the problem. I resize my photos myself before posting them.

Image test. Size is now increased to 50 mp.

Ok, this image really needs cropped, but that's not the point. I just happened to have it handy.

It's from a D850, and its a whopping 8256 x 5504 before it was shrunk by Xenforo. So that means the forum should handle most images without needing to re-size them prior to upload. The forum software will re-size them so the longest side is 2048 pixels.

DSC_1623.jpg

Last edited:
We moved the website to a new server last month. The PHP settings reset to defaults. I had to go back in and modify them again. Kind of like when you buy a new computer. PHP is a system setting, and I had to go in and change it.

It seems to be working now, please give it a shot and let me know if you have problems.

Update, just saw your other message. Looks like things are working again, thanks for your patience.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back