White Morph ??

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

This morning I left my house just before 4 AM. And arrived in the Skagit just before dawn. This picture was taken just as I got out of my car. Its not the cleanest picture I have ever taken. But its the first I have captured of an eagle that was this light. to me it looks like he has been rolling around in ash.

R.J

Attachments

• 2P1A0048.JPG
    2P1A0048.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 228
This picture was captured with a 7DII and Tamron 150-600II . Only time to line up and get one shot off. Taken at West 90. R.J
What I call a "grab shot." You get what you can regardless of quality as you may not have another chance at it.
It could be a leucistic bird as there have been several reports on Tweeters of leucistic eagles in that area over the past few years.
Explanation of leucism:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back