Yellowstone Winter 2020 Wildlife & Scenery

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

fiznatty

I'm publishing two galleries of images from my January Yellowstone adventure, which was the best winter trip I've ever taken to the park. The first gallery is comprised of all the non-wolf shots, including a few landscapes mixed in with all the animal content.

You can see the full gallery of 167 here. A short preview is below.

As usual, ravens and bison were the most consistent subjects in winter.
ravencommon0120ys16.jpg

bisonamerican0120ys66.jpg

I had my best otter encounter in a couple years (over an hour).
otternorthamericanriver0120ys20.jpg

Winter is the only time of year I enjoy visiting Norris Geyser Basin. The thermophilic algae there really pops at this time of year. This shot was captured using a bit of purposeful panning blur with the camera.
geyserbasinnorris0120ys36.jpg

We had some nice wildlife moments in the interior during my tour with all three canid species.
coyote0120ys106.jpg

We saw 6-7 foxes one day from the snow coach, but this was the only one that got close.
foxred0120ys68.jpg

As mentioned in my black and white article, I enjoyed working on abstracts on this trip.
sheepbighorn0120ys14.jpg

One of the trip highlights definitely had to be our double weasel encounter. This one caught four voles in an hour!
weasellongtailed0120ys115.jpg

Check out the full Yellowstone Winter 2020 Wildlife & Scenery gallery.

Max

Wonderful images! We love Yellowstone, and have spent a week there in the fall for the last 4 years now. What an amazing place, always fascinating!

Great photos. I love the shots of the eagle and raven wing prints in the snow. That had to have been quite an unusual find. I saw my first ravens at Lake Yellowstone when I was about ten years old.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back