Recent content by Shooter

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

1. Shooter

Guess who got the cover?

Nice Job. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters. :)
  2. Shooter

Dusk

Thanks you.
  3. Shooter

Dusk

Yes, Other then it being 8 images. :) Shot a vertical pano, bracketing 5 frames 4 times. I adjusted white balance in the RAW editor of the 4 images for the sky and the 4 images for the foreground. Then boosted the clarity to give it more detail with out pushing the saturation which contrast...
  4. Shooter

Dusk

Nice sets, IMO, you seem to have pushed the saturation a little to much. Here's one I shot last week from 25 miles east of Chinook. We had a lightning strike start a fire the night after this 300 yards from our camp. We bugged out the next morning.
  5. Shooter

Grave Creek Covered Bridge Or.

Thanks for the comments! The vignetting was the sky, not lens., but to be honest I evened the darkness on the right a tiny bit above the right point of the roof eves to keep it symmetrical. I was shooting facing south and the clouds and sky was just darker like that, hence no vignetting on the...
  6. Shooter

Thanks Willy. Thought about it, but love the expanse, plus the 16x20 I just got looks Great! Did re-edit it and took out the power lines. I know my biggest problem some times is I'm to symmetrical, but what the hell.:D
  7. Shooter

Going through some pics from this past summer. Thought I would Process this one.
  8. Shooter

Friday night.

Thanks Janice, it was a fun 2 days of work, just wish I could have shot more and better. But work comes first.
  9. Shooter

Friday night.

CCMA From work Friday night, I only had a minute. :( Alec, my Producer with La La Vasquez.
  10. Shooter

Naches River at -20

Actually no Eric, this was the original 40's army tent my buddies got from their Grandfather. I need to build a frame for my new one. Maybe I will just bring you one Shhhhh.
  11. Shooter

Naches River at -20

It was our 16x16 army wall tent, been doing it about 20 years. It's fun and comfy when heated up. :)
  12. Shooter

Naches River at -20

I agree Tony, going to have to try that. I will repost the rework when I get a minute, my phone just started ringing off the hook with work, YEA! Yes the loo in the morning was FREEZING, I was 3rd in line and the metal seat in the outhouse was painful :eek: We did have a nice woodstove in...
  13. Shooter

Naches River at -20

Thanks Judy, I am wondering if i need to darkin it up a bit as lately it's looking a little bright to me. Hmmmmmm. Thank You! Thanks, Yea, like freezing everything in camp solid. :D
  14. Shooter

Naches River at -20

Forgot about this one. Was up camping last week just off the 410 hwy just east of Whisling Jack Lodge at Cottonwood campground freezing my lungs under a bright moon. But this is what I like best about the clear winter sky. You know it's cold when there is steam coming off this river. :eek...
  15. Shooter

Neighbors house in the snow

Thanks Bob. It is HDR but I don't remember the frame count, 3-5 I'm sure. Best way I have found is in what ever the scene, find the center of the histogram in the correct exposure, then bracket 2 stops up and down. that's what I play with in Photomatix.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back