4 MikePDX More Leaves on a Fence!!!

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Christena

CC's and this time no random thoughts ;)

UrbanAutumn11048ps.jpg

UrbanAutumn11051ps.jpg

UrbanAutumn11060ps.jpg

Let me know if you all think the contrast is too much. I've been attracted to really pushing it more than usual.

I don't think the contrast is too high but I probably would lower the brightness a bit which would result in showing a little more detail in the bright parts of the leaf, especially on the first shot. I really like the second photo. On the first one, I THINK I'd like it a little more if you had gotten down just a little lower so it would have been solid red behind the leaf.

For moi?!

Thanks! I like these, too. Especially the first and second. If there is more detail to be had in the upper right part of the leaf #1, then I would agree with Climbbike:
I don't think the contrast is too high but I probably would lower the brightness a bit which would result in showing a little more detail in the bright parts of the leaf, especially on the first shot.
You can lower the overall exposure to bring out leaf detail, letting the bottom shadow area go black. I think it would create an even stronger image.

I think you're onto something with these. Fall is a high-contrast season. And this type of post processing enhances that feeling. I can see a series of 3 to 6 of them being pretty powerfull. A tryptich, maybe?

Last edited:
Here is a re-edit...I had to be careful so I wouldn't loose the other aspects of the photo that I liked. The leaf was really close to the ground already and if I went any lower I would've have been in the ground...the wall was about 20ft away with a paved drive thru. Thanks for the comments and looking. :)

UrbanAutumn110481ps.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back