a sunny Tuesday afternoon at Deception Pass...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went out with a friend of mine this afternoon, up to Deception Pass, which is about 70 miles NW of where i live. i've always liked the area, and it was a great way to spend some time in the sun on a glorious spring day...

Deception Pass itself, with the sort-of-famous Deception Pass bridge in the background...

DeceptionPasssm_zps5e9bfb93.jpg

the western end of the passage... when the tide is changing, currents through Deception Pass can reach about 10 mph, and there are often large whirlpools and eddies that create water conditions similar to class 2 or 3 rapids.

OntheRockssm_zps29b5b9a7.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back