an afternoon at Artist Point

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went up to Artist Point for the afternoon with a buddy who'd never been there... he was awestruck by the views! every other word of his mouth was, "wow!", or something that effect. not surprising - it's a gorgeous spot! would have preferred to stay till sunset, but he was driving, and didn't feel comfortable taking the road in the dark, so we left early, and i had to settle for daylight shots... *sigh* oh well, at least they're daylight shots of beautiful scenery!!

Bagley Lakes....

IMG_8440sm_zpseee31ed6.jpg

some late wildflowers with Upper Bagley Lake and Mt Hermann in the background...

IMG_8458pssm_zps04eeebbd.jpg

a dash of early fall color, with Table Mountain in the distance...

IMG_8494sm_zpscca6d1fc.jpg

and, of course, you can't go to Artist Point without shooting Mt Shuksan... here partially reflected in a small tarn along Artist Ridge trail...

IMG_8486pssm_zpsa23d5df0.jpg

Great shots from my backyard, Rocky!
I've been going up there for 37 years and I still say WOW on every visit. It's always the same and somehow always different. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
WOW! I've never been there. Seen a lot of pictures, these are great. I need to go there sometime. Looks like some great hiking options too!

Chad

Great shots from my backyard, Rocky!
I've been going up there for 37 years and I still say WOW on every visit. It's always the same and somehow always different. Thanks for sharing.

thanks, Joe... yeah, it's always great to get up there, that's for sure... SO many opportunities!

WOW! I've never been there. Seen a lot of pictures, these are great. I need to go there sometime. Looks like some great hiking options too!
Chad

thanks, Chad! yeah, there's lots of trails... from Artist Point, you can hike back up around Table Mountain, or start from the visitors' center a little down the mountain and hike the Chain Lakes trail... there's also a popular trail from the side of the road down to Lake Ann, and if you just want a short jaunt with spectacular views of Mt Baker and Shuksan, the Artist Ridge trail out to Huntoon Point is easy but rewards you with tremendous photo ops...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back