John Jacqua building

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

HoedadKid

I'd been waiting for the right evening to photograph this new UO building, and tonight was pretty stellar.

I had to delete a ton of dust from the image, but I was pretty happy with it other than that.

Needless to say, I just spent 30min. cleaning my sensor...

C&C very welcome...

T.

Here is another shot I took, from a slightly different angle. I did a B&W conversion on this one, although I took it in color.

love the color in the first one, you are getting better and better at the HDR. i might have to visit that spot once the trees have some leaves on them

Thanks, you two. I'm trying to restrain myself from shooting EVERYTHING via auto-bracketing right now... It's a ton of fun to mess around with at the moment, though.

The light was definitely worth waiting for, and I agree that some spring greenery would look great on a well lit evening.

Thanks for the comments :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Gorgeous and I have to agree about returning when there are leaves...can you imagine that shot in Fall at high color...WOW!!!

Thanks, Christena.

I think it'd be fun to do a series of images of this building, all from the exact same angle. One each in spring, summer, fall, and winter. If I could only make it snow on command!

I like the color on the first but the second has better composition to me, simply because it has less perspective distortion.

Thanks, Sam. I agree about the overall composition. In order to get that reflection in the first image I had to stand where I was, but I guess I could have tried to level it out with less keystoning.

I think I'll post the second image in color just for fun, as well.

Thanks for the comment :)

Thanks, Christena.

I think it'd be fun to do a series of images of this building, all from the exact same angle. One each in spring, summer, fall, and winter. If I could only make it snow on command!

I hear ya...Rogue Valley doesn't get a lot of snow...it's just bleak and one must travel for Wintery Photo Ops...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back