Just Joined - Checking in

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

CNelson

An acquaintance from another forum pointed me to this forum and I was quite pleased to find it. There appears to be a lot of talent on here and I hope to learn a lot and share with others when I can. While I live in Castro Valley, CA, I was raised on a ranch in Siskiyou County, CA which gives me my "Pacific Northwest" identification. Much of the photography on my website is from that area.

So far as I can tell there is no end to the learning curve in photography whether one is on a technological or artistic track. I have much to learn in both arenas. While I have a website and show in several northern California galleries, I am no where near running with the big dogs when it comes to photography and I am in no danger of earning serious money in the process. With one possible exception, I'm not in what one would consider high-end galleries. I enjoy photography as an art form and look forward to learning and improving with input from this forum. I will share what I know with others but you will find that I am more apt to be the author of dumb questions.

Chuck

Hello and welcome aboard. Thank you for the nice intro, you've done a good job of telling us what you know and what your interests are.

By the way, while the forum is devoted to the Pacific Northwest, anyone can become a member, no matter where you're located. We also welcome photos from other areas, and there's even a place in the photo gallery for them.

You're also welcome to post a link to your website, that's encouraged for all members as long as you also particpate here rather than just posting a link. (Tou've already posted a nice intro and uploaded a photo, so no problems there...)

welcome to the board Chuck

when I first read the link to your website I thought it said chuckles nut LOL
show's where my brain is tonight

I'm a full time pro based in Portland :)

hi Chuck, welcome aboard! i checked out your website... you have some nice work there. Siskiyou County looks like a place i'd like to visit one day when i get the chance! i'm an outdoor/nature photographer myself, based near Seattle. i look forward to seeing more of your work!

. Siskiyou County looks like a place i'd like to visit one day when i get the chance! i'm an outdoor/nature photographer myself,

I visited your site Rocky and really like your work. Thank you for the kind words about my site. It means a lot coming from a photographer of your caliber. I'm a Canon shooter also. I have an assortment of lenses and am eagerly looking orward to the arrival tomorrow of my latest investment, a Canon 24-70mm 2.8L lens from B&H. My goal is to be worthy of my gear.

Chuck

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back