Last Light On Mt. Hood

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

steveeshom

I visited the Columbia River the other night in hopes of catching the moon rise around Mt. Hood. As is fairly typical this time of year the clouds moved in late in the day precluding me from seeing the moon until almost 45 minutes after the official rise. Of course the clouds provided another pleasing effect....

4836567478_1e929071ec_o.jpg

Last edited:
Steve, was this Sunday night? That is BEAUTIFUL!!! You scored. =)

George and I were driving home in the afternoon. I looked over at Mt Hood and told him that I bet someone gets a great shot tonight. He asked if I wanted to go down to where you were probably standing (the jetty with the walking trail that goes out off the shore) later that evening. I told him no. I should have said yes.

Sunday night was indeed gorgeous in Oregon.

I was heading back north, and didn't have time to stop, but the sunset was incredible. Here's a lousy snapshot from the freeway on ramp.

Steve, was this Sunday night? That is BEAUTIFUL!!! You scored. =)

George and I were driving home in the afternoon. I looked over at Mt Hood and told him that I bet someone gets a great shot tonight. He asked if I wanted to go down to where you were probably standing (the jetty with the walking trail that goes out off the shore) later that evening. I told him no. I should have said yes.

Yep, it was Sunday night. It would have been nice to see you and George show up down there.

Bob, that looks like what I was seeing after it was too late to make the dash for the river.

Maybe we will all show up another time. I keep watching but Sunday night we had spent the day with the dogs at the river in Ridgefield and I was tired.

We will keep watching and will on occasions get there...Especially if I sense lenticulars forming. In case if YOU see them first, feel free to shoot George a call or text.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back