Mount Rainier Moonrise

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
With a little help from "The Photographer's Ephemeris" I was able to be in exactly the right place at the right time last night. I wish the mountain had turned a bit more pink, but this shot is still pretty dang nice.

Mount Rainier Moonrise, shot from Graham, WA

BH1_9040-Edit.JPG

Last edited:
I saw this on facebook earlier. Perfect shot of the world's most photogenic mountain. This shot has everything going for it... Nice!

Thank you Arline! I'm very pleased with this shot, was really cool to get it that close to the mountain.

Great shot. The next time the opportunity arises (next month?), try a few shots in monochrome mode + blue toning effect. I use those settings when shooting full moons and am curious what it would look like when you add a majestic snow-capped mountain to the scene.

Great shot. The next time the opportunity arises (next month?), try a few shots in monochrome mode + blue toning effect. I use those settings when shooting full moons and am curious what it would look like when you add a majestic snow-capped mountain to the scene.

Next month? Well, I guess the opportunity is there in theory, but having the planets align (literally) weather cooperate, and my schedule work means that it's far more rare than monthly. I'm lucky to get a shot like this once every few years, though TPE has greatly increased my success rate.

This shot obviously cried out for a monochrome treatment, I simply hadn't gotten around to it yet.

BH1_9040-BWEdit.jpg

Oddly, I like the second one on a computer screen, but prefer the first one on the Ipad.

Ipads are known for over-saturating, and in this case it works.

I'd love to print these on metal and compare them. Too bad it costs $100 a pop...

Can you do the blue filter just on the moon to show it's details, but leave the rest of the colors in the original post. I really like the pink and orange tones in that original.

I like the first version the best. But, then I've always been a sucker for alpenglow.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back