a dark, wet, May afternoon

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
my daughter and i were trying to figure out something to do today, and wound up just going for a drive out Hwy 410 toward Crystal Mountain. it wasn't a very pretty day, but i did find this little stream flowing down out of the woods into the White River a bit this side of Greenwater. i think once my knee gets better, i'll throw some rubber boots in the car and go back there, and see if i can work my way a bit farther upstream... i bet there's some nice shots up there just waiting to be taken! 5D, 24-135 @ 35mm, .6 sec @ f/16

IMG_6401asm.jpg

Last edited:
This is a cool shot. What's even cooler is that you had something that you enjoyed doing with your daughter. That's priceless.

This is a cool shot. What's even cooler is that you had something that you enjoyed doing with your daughter. That's priceless.

thanks, Janice. yeah, it's really nice that she likes to accompany me on my little jaunts sometimes. not always, mind you, but often enough that i always ask if she wants to tag along. she's 21, and we actually have an uncommonly good relationship, so it shouldn't surprise me, but even so, it's always just a bit of an unexpected pleasure when she wants to go along.

thanks, Janice. yeah, it's really nice that she likes to accompany me on my little jaunts sometimes. not always, mind you, but often enough that i always ask if she wants to tag along. she's 21, and we actually have an uncommonly good relationship, so it shouldn't surprise me, but even so, it's always just a bit of an unexpected pleasure when she wants to go along.

I lost my father when I was 21 and always felt a little ripped off by fate. She may not realize it now but she will be grateful in time for that gift you both have been given. Treasure it.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back