a nameless mountain stream

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
took advantage of a nice weekend and went back to that little stream down near Greenwater that i found a couple of weeks ago. this time i took my boots, and worked my way back upstream a bit farther than i had time for last time i was there. still processing on my laptop, so i'm not certain how these will look, but they look all right on this little screen... ;) both shot with my 5D and 24-135, various settings. the first one has a bit of "Orton" processing; the second is just naturally sorta mystical looking... :D

IMG_6491ardxsmorton.jpg

IMG_6529ardxsm1.jpg

Very nice... worth the trek, imho... First is my fav, but both are very good, hard to choose. Thanks

Nameless Stream I dub thee Beautiful.

If I *had* to choose between the two (let's say for a desk top image) I would choose photo #2 but I like them both.

Both are good, but...

When it comes to flowing water, I'm usually in the minority. :) I prefer a bit of stop-motion over the smooth creamy flow that it seems most people like. That's the case here, too - I like the first one best.

What were the shutter speeds on these two?

Thanks,
-Mike

Thanks Rocky, I suspected as much. My prefered shots are usually in the range of 1/15 down to 1/4 sec. For me, that gives enough motion blur without losing all of the freeze-motion effect. And it still gives the ability to see under the surface on the calm parts.

Of course, that's just just my peculiar point of view. :D;)

Well done! I really like the first one, I too like to see some motion in water. I just love the moss on the rocks in the PNW. After all that work, you can name it whatever you like. :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back