Abandoned Building shoot

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Digital Latte

Rob and Tracy
Here are a few keepers from the shoot we did at the abandoned building, a HUGE thanks to Hoedadkid for all his help and ideas at the shoot!! Much thanks friend

More images will be posted on our upcoming blog entry.......soon :)

a8b9736e.jpg

8d633d52.jpg

35d1ec08.jpg

1261df90.jpg

3e78782c.jpg

a92dd3be.jpg

Last edited:
IMO the First third and fifth images are the best of the posted set as far as interesting and "likeability" (is that even a word?)

Can I have permission to play with the fifth image? I have some ideas for it and will share if you want the processes I use..

IMO the First third and fifth images are the best of the posted set as far as interesting and "likeability" (is that even a word?)

Can I have permission to play with the fifth image? I have some ideas for it and will share if you want the processes I use..

play away :)

Here is what I came up with. not the same just a little different.

Some dodgeing and burning, and shadows and high light adjustments is all, then ran the PS frame (I modified it so that it was a mask and useable on any sized image) action and then changed the burned edge to a cooler black and mashed it all together.

cefaur2j.png

Shadow, that's cool, a little to bright for the moody look we wanted with the image. I do like the burnt edges, maybe a little less on the burn.

thanks for looking :)

No problem. Some of my quick and dirty stuff is more for me to conceptualize and share rather than this is what you could have done. I also noticed a blue cast to the image not sure if that is from your lights or if that was intentional.

I understand the looking for a dramatic and moody image, but I felt that the detail in the dress and shape of her head was needed to define her from the shadows.

a HUGE thanks to Hoedadkid for all his help and ideas at the shoot!! Much thanks friend

You're very welcome, good friend. It was a ton of fun! Thanks for inviting me along. I really look forward to our next endeavor. I smell a collaboration in the works. Oh, wait, that might be my dinner burning. Wait, nope, definitely a collab!

Oh yeah... awesome shots!
:)

You're very welcome, good friend. It was a ton of fun! Thanks for inviting me along. I really look forward to our next endeavor. I smell a collaboration in the works. Oh, wait, that might be my dinner burning. Wait, nope, definitely a collab!

Oh yeah... awesome shots!
:)

for sure, next time I will hold the lights and yell at you, instead of holding the camera and yelling at you... just kidding :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for sure, next time I will hold the lights and yell at you, instead of holding the camera and yelling at you... just kidding :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOL.

We can yell at each other. I'm great at it, too! ;)

I can't wait to yell at you tomorrow when I take yalls image.

"Sit up str8, you damn hippies, and say "tofu" !"

Thanks, I am wondering if you mean 2 or 4, 3 is the pull back shot to show the set up, I am hoping it not one of your favs :D

Sorry I should have written that differently. I like how you included the shot of the set up, thats always interesting to me.

But ya 6 would be my favorite.

Excellent choice of location for her. My favorites were definitely the last two. In fact, that last shot for me is the WIN shot. Nicely done.

I think I like #1 the best perhaps because I'm a sucker for glasses, but especially the model works with the location more than usual.
It was very nice of you to share a behind-the-scenes, it is very informative.
Thanks!

I had a message here but took it off, I was being cynical and trying to pick a fight over nothing, and after this one I posted about shooting this weekend in Portland, I dont think I should be so mean to people in here, and no, there is no one mean in this site, just myself. Then try to meet with someone and pretend nothing happened,

Last edited:
I had a message here but took it off, I was being cynical and trying to pick a fight over nothing, and after this one I posted about shooting this weekend in Portland, I dont think I should be so mean to people in here, and no, there is no one mean in this site, just myself. Then try to meet with someone and pretend nothing happened,

I didn't really yell at him... that was a joke

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back