an afternoon with some Caspian terns (6)

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
went to the Everett marina this afternoon to shoot the Caspian terns i'd heard were plentiful there... they were indeed, and as the tide came in, they engaged in a 2-hour fishing frenzy, clearly visible from the north edge of the marina parking lot. i got over 200 photos of them - obviously not all keepers, but i have enough keepers that i needed to create a new folder in my archives just for the terns... here are a few, all with 7DII and 150-600, various settings...

IMG_7294%20sm_zpsgxvgrqyi.jpg

IMG_7214%20crop%20sm_zpsqvoyr8iy.jpg

IMG_7151%20sm_zps7k8adl9t.jpg

IMG_7221%20crop%20sm_zpsou9ie9dj.jpg

IMG_7134%20crop%20sm_zps7rrq2bip.jpg

IMG_7198%20crop%20sm_zpsk6e8uswt.jpg

Great shots. Caspian terns are one of my favorite birds. I'll have to get up to Everett for some action photos. I like their distinctive "angry cat" growl.

We get a few Caspian terns passing through Edmonds. They like to fish off Sunset Ave. just after sunset when it is nearly impossible to photograph them.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back