Another Greeny, but perhaps part of a different and somewhat older batch

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Terry O

I took these this morning at about 10A since I was in the area. Looks to me like this guy is definitely a juvenile, but its is certainly a larger and more developed bird than what I saw yesterday.

Let me know what you think.

6-30-2017 grn heron at Sprague Pond_2228.JPG

6-30-2017 grn heron at Sprague Pond_2246.JPG

6-30-2017 grn heron at Sprague Pond_2262.JPG

6-30-2017 grn heron at Sprague Pond_2275.JPG

6-30-2017 grn heron at Sprague Pond_2233.JPG

Good shots. From the photos I took of the four together, you could probably line them up by hatching order.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bill. I didn't realize how much difference in size there would be among the same hatchlings.

Terry Olmsted

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back