Bald Eagle up close

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Pretty amazing that it allowed you to get that close. I can only assume it's used to the foot traffic around Alki? Killer detail in that first shot.

Max

Nice close ups. My favorite bird of prey. Its always nice to hear them calling out from the tree line. I see them along the the Cedar Grove Trail every now and then as well just 20 feet above my head.

6991461085_dc1b0052b4_z.jpg

Hello everyone, I was out at Anchor Park along Alki in West Seattle yesterday morning and came across this big bald eagle perched on a wood post by the water around 10:30 am and I got within 10 feet from the eagle and shot these spectacular photographs. Being 10 feet away from a bald eagle is really awesome and its a lifetime experience.

i'm amazed it let you get that close! what an opportunity!

the first shot is great... fabulous detail, good exposure, nice and sharp! 2 & 3 are a bit washed out, and the 4th one has a bit of a green cast to it - the eagle's beak should be yellow-gold, with no green tint to it - and there are some blown highlights, but otherwise, great stuff!

You were very fortunate. And we are fortunate that you shared these marvelous shots.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back