Birds of the sage

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

cavuken

After Rocky's trip to Ellensburg I headed east in search of Sage Thrashers and Sagebrush Sparrows. I found both along the Vantage Highway just east of Kittitas. I also found other sage habitat birds including Mountain Bluebirds.
FZ7A3287.jpg
This Sagebrush Sparrow was my primary target
FZ7A3282.jpg
Sage Thrasher
FZ7A3234.jpg
Mountain Bluebird
FZ7A3424.jpg
This Pileated Woodpecker, although not a sagebrush bird, was a nice bonus coming back through Cle Elum. Another nice bonus was the wonderful smell of spring sage and the many wildflowers in bloom in the semi-desert hills.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back