Bob's Best 2009

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I guess I should participate too, so here's a dozen of my favorites from 2009. I did so much shooting it was really hard to narrow it down to just a dozen, and that's not even counting stuff like my concert shots...

Seattle Skyline from Alki Point. This one is going to look familiar if you've seen the forum logo, but it's still one of my favorite shots. I want to print this up in a panorama style.

View attachment 2169

Washington Park & Zoo Railway locomotive #1, the Oregon. One of my favorite reasons to visit the Portland Zoo, this steam railway is a real gem! The locomotive turned 50 this summer, and I was fortunate enough to be the photographer for the event.

View attachment 2170

Fun with water balloons. About four days of shooting, dozens and dozens of balloons, help from my lovely assistant (and wife) as well as the neighbors, hundreds of frames, and some persistence resulted in a few really cool shots like this one.

View attachment 2171

The Sumatran Tiger at the Woodland Park zoo was real fun to photograph. His enclosure has some areas where it's not as obvious he's in a zoo, which makes for nicer photos.

View attachment 2166

This woodland trail is from on of the forum's photo hikes. We did the waterfalls of the Columbia River Gorge, and this was one the trails we used. I didn't include any of the waterfall photos, it was too hard to pick a favorite!

View attachment 2167

Another forum outing went to the Cedar Creek Grist Mill near Woodland. This is probably my best selling scenic image.

View attachment 2168

I enjoy sunset and night photos, so here's a few of those...

Sunset on Alder Lake, very dramatic lighting.

View attachment 2172

Interstate 5 in Olympia, WA, time exposure

View attachment 2173

Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad's newly restored Willamette locomotive. This was my first attempt at doing night photography with flash. After a few tries, I got it dialed in. That's the nice thing about digital, you can check your results.

View attachment 2174

My favorites of those you posted are the Tiger and ALder Lake.

I gotta admit that it is very interesting seeing how we see our faves. There are two Bob images I favored last year, looked for in here and they weren't your faves.

This is my FAVE FAVE FAVE Bob shot of 2009 here. :)

Here is another I thought I would see.

Love the Alder Lake and balloon shots but have to agree with Leia on the bridge shot! Maybe you should have a baker's dozen!

It was really tough to pick. So, as a form of "voting", I chose photos that I have sold prints of, and since the bridge shots are new, nobody has purchased them yet.

That bridge shot probably should have been in there, and this bridge shot too. It's definitely one of my favorites... There are others I didn't have room for as well.

View attachment 2183

You have an amazing breadth of subjects. I have a hard time choosing my favorite. I think I'm going for the M.R.S.R engine at night.

Oh, clearly we must play with water balloons sometime. That is sooooooo cool!

The other shots are great, too, of course, that's just something I hadn't ever thought of trying to shoot.

I love the one Leia chose, too. That is one wonderful shot of that bridge!

My personal choice is the restored Willamette locomotive, nice shot. Really like the way the steam is captured in the backlight.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back