Cooper's Hawk out my window.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wander all over the place looking for birds. I'm on my phone and what do I see, a young Cooper's Hawk.

You already saw this one if you looked at this week's Project 52. The lighting wasn't good here so image is a bit overworked. (7D)
Hello I'm Cooper.jpg

Then there another angle, he or she was taken with a Canon PowerShot (hand held mind you) that's always locked an loaded. :)
Cooper out my window.jpg

Later he moved to a branch with better lighting and I snapped this with my 7D. It's my favorite.
I see you.jpg

A question out there to all you bird watchers. I never see these with both Feet down. On is always tucked in near the chest. Is that typical?

^^ Funny that you mentioned that, I'm noticing that too!

These are some nice photos!

It's always nice to have a camera locked, cocked and ready to rock!:cool:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back