Ecola State Park - Cannon Beach

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
This park is a fantastic location, with magnificent views. I spent a couple of hours there, and could have easily come back at sunset for a lot longer except I had a schedule to keep.

View attachment 3525

(Should have used a tripod, that curve is annoying, but this gives you a good idea of the incredible view...)

It's a little frustrating to try and show the actual size of those rock and waves. Here's shot where I zoomed in to one area of the picture above. Notice how tiny the people are... The size of those rocks just isn't obvious in a photo.

To find this image in the larger shot, follow the point of land on the left side of the frame, roughly half way down the image. You see the point, with three large rocks clustered close by. That's where the detail shot is from.

View attachment 3527

Last edited:
Great shot on your southern exposure, toward Cannon Beach. These are the kind of shots they like to use to draw tourists. It looks so warm, sunny and peaceful. There is a narrow window of days like that on the Oregon Coast.

Rocky,

Just for fun, I went into photoshop, and overlaid your image on mine. Looks like we shot from nearly the same location. Of course with a stitched panorama, yours will have more resolution.

Your panorama drops neatly onto my second shot, we cropped nearly the same left and right, though obviously not vertically. There is one difference though, your shot has the 3 large rocks on the right side showing up twice, probably due to the stitching. I'm certain mine is the correct version, since that shot is a single exposure.

Here's a simulated panorama version, cropped down from the second image. Looks quite different that way...

View attachment 3530

Last edited:
Bob,
yeah, it sure does look similar! and you're right about the "extra" rocks... i have corrected that in the original (restitched) since i posted that shot the first time, so that my prints show the correct rock formations.

Ecola State Park

This is one of my absolute favorite places to visit and photograph. I love to shoot from above and down on Indian Beach. :) You have a very nice photo here.

Sweet shots, looks like the weather was cooperative. Now it's socked in daily in fog.

One of my favorite spots as well. Here are a couple that I took from down on Indian Beach.

IndianBeachPanorama.jpg

IndianBeachClouds.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back