Finally got out on vacation, Traveling the Southwest daily updates....maybe

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BrianH

Well I will try to update this thread daily or so as I have internet connection. Ali, I and the Samdog are on a trip around the southwest states and back home.

We started down Through Yakima, Twin Falls and down to Moab Utah, where we are now. Down through Monument Valley and into AZ where we plan to gold pan for a few days. Finishing our trip up California 395 to the Alabama Hills just outside of Lone Pine. Finishing up in the Bristlecone pines and the ghost town of Bodie before heading home. I was hoping for a bit of snow on the ground for pictures and it looks like my wish was granted. Most shots will just be cropped and resized as I am working off of my wife's little laptop, basically SOOC.

The Snake river Gorge in Twin Falls

wintertrip2011aa.jpg

Double Arch, Moab, UT

aawintertrip2011047.jpg

Mesa Arch at Sunrise this morning. cloud cover moved in just as the best light was developing

mesaarch4.jpg

Well back on the road to Monument Valley and Bridges National Park tomorrow. IF the weather holds and give me decent light

nice, especially the Mesa Arch shot! if you get a chance, run over to Page, AZ, and shoot Antelope Canyon and/or Horseshoe Bend... spectacular places both!

nice, especially the Mesa Arch shot! if you get a chance, run over to Page, AZ, and shoot Antelope Canyon and/or Horseshoe Bend... spectacular places both!

Spending tomorrow night in Goulding so I can shoot Monument Valley in the afternoon tomorrow and then again in the morning, then Page was in the plan. Then a stop at my house in Flagstaff, AZ to pick up my prospecting equipment

Nice shots Chito. I'm envious. I hope to make down there one of these years, especially to Brice and Zion.

Nice shots Chito. I'm envious. I hope to make down there one of these years, especially to Brice and Zion.

Definitely a bucket list item. I like all 3 but Moab is the most special

Great pictures Chito!! I am looking forward to seeing more!

Do you remember when Evil Knievel made the attempted jump across the canyon. He did not quite make it.
Ron
Yep he tried right down from where I took the shot

Great shots. Looking forward to more.
Thanks, Well here ya go.

Morning sunrise at Gouldings was really nice, clear sky and orange fade to blue

momumentmorning.jpg

We ran through Monument valley, a touch of snow here and there really added to the shots. This is the Mittens of Monument Valley

monumentvalley1.jpg

A short side trip to Antelope Canyon. Just had time to run through the lower section of the Canyon with my guide Chris. I took the shot of Chris while in the canyon.

3-2.jpg

a second shot of the canyon, during the winter months the light is farther to the east and deeper darker shadows and more purple tones.

1-5.jpg

great stuff! love the shots of Monument Valley... a bit of snow really does add to the scenery! sounds like you're having a ball - i'm jealous!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back