Flooded Meadow...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I have never even seen the a580 and I will not buy it unseen. I like the a700, but above ISO 1600, I start to have problems. I think the biggest thing weighing on my mind here is how long Sony has taken to come up with a replacement for the a700, and we have not see it for proof positive yet. Sony could drop out of this game at any time. There is no mention of replacements for the FF cameras. I know I will take it in the shorts if I trade, but I do feel more confident in both Canon and Nikon.

Included is a photo I took this morning. Nikon D7000 and 18-200.

Ron

The A77 will be a FF camera. any way you go you will not be sorry, the A580 puts the a700 TO SHAME

Last edited by a moderator:
chitobeach, here is where your info is getting a bit questionable IMHO. FF = Full Frame. I have never seen the a77 referred to as a FF camera. I hear it may be a 24 Megapixel APS-C sensor camera. I am not really doubting that if the a77 sees the light of day, that it will be a great camera. I think it will be. It better be, as it has taken a loooong time to get here. I am not saying that I am changing brands yet, but I do like the D7000.

Ron

chitobeach, here is where your info is getting a bit questionable IMHO. FF = Full Frame. I have never seen the a77 referred to as a FF camera. I hear it may be a 24 Megapixel APS-C sensor camera. I am not really doubting that if the a77 sees the light of day, that it will be a great camera. I think it will be. It better be, as it has taken a loooong time to get here. I am not saying that I am changing brands yet, but I do like the D7000.

Ron

Read it on Sony rumors awhile back, all current info you are correct says it will be APS-C, I guess I need to stay up on the rumors LOL.

Sony tends to hold back until they feel the product is as good as it can be. that is why they did not do video until it was up to their broadcast quality standards. Im betting we see the A77 just before Thanksgiving.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back