food fight! (5)

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
a double-crested cormorant caught itself a large sculpin, but before it could swallow its catch, another cormorant started chasing and harassing it, trying to steal its trophy. several minutes of splashing and flapping and croaking ensued, and the challenger finally managed to make off with the prize. it didn't get far, though... an even larger predator joined the fray, forcing both cormorants to dive and abandon the fish, which the eagle cheerfully snatched and flew off with!

IMG_6045%20crop%20sm.jpg

IMG_6003%20crop%20sm.jpg

IMG_6030%20sm.jpg

IMG_6052%20sm.jpg

IMG_6079%20crop%20sm.jpg

Quite the series of photos here, Rocky. Great coverage!

Impressive are the colors and sharpness you have here with the light you had to work with! Very nice!!!

Inspiring work to say the least.

Chad

Quite the series of photos here, Rocky. Great coverage!
Impressive are the colors and sharpness you have here with the light you had to work with! Very nice!!!
Inspiring work to say the least.
Chad

thanks, Chad! there are a ton of photos i didn't include... this little kerfuffle lasted a good 5 minutes, from start to finish, and i got close to 100 shots, so i chose just a few photos that best depicted the action...

I once saw two cormorants fighting for a fish below the fishing pier. The battle got quite serious as one bird looked as though it was trying to poke out the eyes of the other bird.

Daren and I passed on the fishing pier today. we got back into town about 3:45pm after a doctor's appointment and the wind was really howling.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back