Golden-crowned Kinglets

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Joemeche

While I was photographing a reliable Barred Owl in the rain this morning, a mob of kinglets surrounded me. What was I to do? Despite the bad light, I shot 'em anyway.
They're challenging but fun!

GCKI0117Three.jpg

GCKI0117Two.jpg

GCKI0117Four.jpg

I really like the contrast with the leaves in the last photo! I have had three Golden-crowned Kinglets that have been visiting on an almost daily basis since they fledged this summer. They especially love the water features. I have finally figured out that their periodic bizarre movements occur as they nab a tiny insect from mid air. :)

Excellent shots, Joe. Such a photogenic bird also, sort of an animated personality too. The top picture kinda resembles a wind-up toy.

Chad

These are grand! I was watching the Long-eared owl up at Eide road the other day and one of these was flitting about feeding in the same stand of trees. I got a few shots, boy they are fast, that were nowhere near this nice. Had to talk to a birder to find out what it was.

Well done!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back