Good Morning...

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

ront

I do not know if anyone else will like this, but I did.

I have shot many pictures around my house as the different seasons come and go. A lot of them have included these trees out in the field across the street. A couple of mornings, I was headed out to work and just liked the light of the early morning. I hope that you enjoy it also.

Ron

DSC21031-XL.jpg

i like this, Ron, but there's an awful lot of dark up front with no detail to speak of. maybe crop it a bit, or brighten the foreground to bring out the detail that's there?

Thanks Rocky! I saw your post on another thread yesterday about the differences between LCD monitors and CRT, and think that is part of the issue here. I do see detail in the foreground which is why I left it there. I could try to lighten it a bit more maybe.

Ron

Rocky, your monitor is apparently on the dark side (Use the Force, Luke!) The tall grass in the foreground is in shade, but you can make out lots of detail in it. Is it a bit too dark? That's a judgement call I guess, and probably depends on what monitor you view it on. But the detail is in there.

OK, so I'm going to guess Rocky's monitor is set so his prints come out looking good. If I was going to print this photo, here's how I'd prep it:

How does this one look on your screen?

They're also coming out just a touch darker in Explorer than they look in Photoshop. When I preview the jpg I see the same thing. Must have to do with the jpg compression or something...

In any case, this isn't an issue with the photo, it's an issue with the difficulty in calibrating monitors and having them all display the same and what an image looks like in print vs what it looks like on screen, etc, etc.

I see a little detail in the first image. Just a touch. On my monitor I like it.

Rocky, your monitor is apparently on the dark side (Use the Force, Luke!) The tall grass in the foreground is in shade, but you can make out lots of detail in it. Is it a bit too dark? That's a judgement call I guess, and probably depends on what monitor you view it on. But the detail is in there.

I can see detail on mine, but I have calibrated it every so often.

This last week I went to Barnes and Noble at Clackamas Town Center and found a manual for my D3100, "Magic Lantern Guides" by Simon Stafford. Theres alot of info that the camera manual doesn't offer, Simon says he sets his camera(s) -1 on the screen brightness, claims that gives you a better view of what will acually show up on a PC screen. Just a thought to pass on.

C&C please.

Yeah, maybe a monitor thing. I see detail in the grass and I love the lighting in back....beautiful. I do like how Bob lightened the fore ground a little...gave it a more golden hue.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back