gotta love the view

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
taken from just east of Washington Pass, looking down the Methow Valley - 5D2, 24-105 @ 35mm, 1/80 @ f/8...

IMG_9387%20sm_zpscsjl9ob5.jpg

With all of the wild fires this month, you were lucky to find it so clear.

we saw a whole lot of "scorched earth" along the way, that's for sure... the hillsides around Wenatchee were black, and there were lots of smaller burned areas between Omak and Twisp. but there was a pretty good breeze, so i'm guessing most of the crap in the air got blown away. either way, i'm glad it was a clear day too!

Nice work, Rocky. Different part of the region but, I've been seeing quite a bit of haze in the Portland metro area the past several days.

Chad

I encountered a lot of haze from wildfires during my 2013 trip to Lewiston, ID for my 45 year class reunion. A circular polarizing filter eliminated much of the haze and made the sky blue once again.

thanks, Chad! we had a fair bit up this way too a couple of weeks ago, mostly smoke from fires in B.C. that's blown away now, and it's actually pretty clear up there.

I was at Glacier NP a couple of weeks ago. The smoke was pretty bad making a thick haze. I'd been hoping to do some serious landscape shots, but it just wasn't worth it.

Of course it's even worse now, with the park itself on fire, portions closed and areas evacuated.

DSC_2823.JPG

Last edited:
i had that problem trying to get some shots in the Sawtooths of Idaho a few years back... very frustrating to drive all that way only to have the smoke and haze make good shots impossible...

i had that problem trying to get some shots in the Sawtooths of Idaho a few years back... very frustrating to drive all that way only to have the smoke and haze make good shots impossible...

Well, we had our grandson along, so we enjoyed the visit anyway, and we did see a couple of goats, but yes, it was frustrating. I also got skunked on night photos, planned on doing Milky Way shots. The haze was there at night too. I was in Montana for a week, no night shots.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back