PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Tamerlin

I just discovered this forum through Facebook, so here is my introduction!

I am in Seattle, and my favorite photography is nature photography large format gear. I'm currently writing software to pay the bills, while starting up White Crane Photography -- http://www.WhiteCranePhotography.com

hi Rakesh, and welcome aboard! i admire your stamina lugging that large format camera around... you've got some nice images on your site. i shoot mostly the same sorts of things... landscapes, wildlife, seascapes, etc., but i do it with a full-frame DSLR, not a bellows camera! ;)

Lugging the extra gear is good for your health... it helps you stay in shape! :D

Weight is actually one reason that I stopped carrying an SLR in addition to the 4x5, though -- my SLR kit with only three lenses weighs as much as my 4x5 kits with three lenses. The camera's bigger and heavier, but the lenses are smaller and lighter than the same focal lengths for 35mm formats, so it evens out more than I thought it would.

Now to go and check out your gallery, since I'm new here and haven't seen it yet :)

Lugging the extra gear is good for your health... it helps you stay in shape! :D

Weight is actually one reason that I stopped carrying an SLR in addition to the 4x5, though -- my SLR kit with only three lenses weighs as much as my 4x5 kits with three lenses. The camera's bigger and heavier, but the lenses are smaller and lighter than the same focal lengths for 35mm formats, so it evens out more than I thought it would.

Now to go and check out your gallery, since I'm new here and haven't seen it yet :)

okay... 4x5 format's not as bad. i had visions of you carting an 8x10 plate camera around with you, and couldn't imagine packing that 30 miles up into the toolies! 4x5 medium format is a good one for landscape work, but a bit more cash than my budget will allow... :(

okay... 4x5 format's not as bad. i had visions of you carting an 8x10 plate camera around with you, and couldn't imagine packing that 30 miles up into the toolies! 4x5 medium format is a good one for landscape work, but a bit more cash than my budget will allow... :(

It's still large format, medium format is 6cm, not 4 inches ;)

Moving up to 8x10 would add both a lot of cost and a lot of weight, and that would make it very difficult to cover as much ground as I like to cover!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back