Hello

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

KenH

My name is Ken. I live in Puyallup, WA. Been retired 14 months now. Have always been interested in photography but somehow never got beyond a point and shoot. Recently purchased a used Canon EOS 20D w/extra lenses. Lots to absorb. Hope to learn something here and maybe someday contribute.

My name is Ken. I live in Puyallup, WA. Been retired 14 months now. Have always been interested in photography but somehow never got beyond a point and shoot. Recently purchased a used Canon EOS 20D w/extra lenses. Lots to absorb. Hope to learn something here and maybe someday contribute.

Ken, hope you'll learn something too. We've got lots of folks here happy to help and willing to answer questions.

As for contributing, no need to wait for someday, you're encouraged to upload some of your shots not. We've got folks here of all skill levels. They all have something in common though, and that's realizing that you don't become a pro the first time you pick up a camera. Sure, some folks seem to pick it up faster than others, but everyone has to learn and improve. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and nurturing place. Everyone is welcome to post their work, no matter what level you're at.

Welcome Ken... Since you live in Puyallup, start with posting the daffodils and the mountain. Can't go wrong with either no matter what your skill level and everyone loves it. I grew up there so I am looking forward to seeing your local shots.

Thank you,
I see you live in Rochester, so you know we have had a pretty mild winter (so far). The daffodils in my yard are already about six inches high, so it won't be long before we see some color. However, the daffodil fields in the valley, as you may remember them, are very few and far between. They've mostly been covered over with concrete. Shame, shame. As you say there is always the mountain. I'll see what I can find.

Ken,

Arline got a taste of that last year. She and Robert came up for the day and said "Hey, let's go shoot Daffodils in Puyallup!" to which I replied "Uh, yeah, sure, but where?"

We went for a drive and she discovered that just about all the fields are gone, most replaced by houses. I know of only one or two fields these days, and they're not always planted with Daffodils. It's sad to see all that wonderful rich black soil go to waste.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back