Idaho Photographer Intros

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I'd start a topic in each state category for photographers to say hello and tell us where you're located.

It's purely optional of course, but if you'd like, post a quick note saying where you're located and what your interests are. If you've got a website, you're welcome to post that as well.

Hey everyone, my name is Alex, I've been interested in photography for about 10 years, but only avidly taking pictures for the last 4. I just got a dSLR two months ago, and of course I love it.
Idaho is a great place to live if you're into scenic photography, for there are plenty of amazing places to go.
I have a photoblog, http://alex.shutterchance.com, please feel free to check it out! There is one post per day, so check the archive, which goes back to 2006.
I have a Canon EOS XSi (450D), with a 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens.

Welcome aboard Alex, and thanks for posting your bio.

Looking forward to seeing some of you shots.

Well I'm late finding this one :p Hello and I just signed up from SW Idaho near the snake River and the Owyhee desert and just a hop skip and a jump from the Sawtooths :)

hello

just thought i'd say hi
are there more than 2 other idahoans around here in this web connection?

just thought i'd say hi
are there more than 2 other idahoans around here in this web connection?

I think you're the second to post in this topic, but I seem to recall one more that had uploaded some photos.

The whole site is pretty much brand new. In fact, today makes exactly one month that we've been online. So we're still growing and getting new members.

A good portion of folks here are from Washington, simply because I started this place with the help of some friends I know locally. We've got some from Oregon, and just a few from Idaho and Alaska so far.

I hope we get more as the forum grows and new members sign up. You can help us out by inviting your friends to stop by and join. I am doing some paid advertising too, but word of mouth and personal reccomendations are far more effective.

Hello all, I just found this site and WOW, very impressed. I live in south central Idaho and enjoy mostly railroad and landscape photography. ~ Mike

Last edited:
Hey folks, from Post Falls Idaho. My wife found this site when searching for some photos, she sent me the link so thought I'd join. This is a cool idea to have sections for where we live, we can let each other know where to find critters and such :)

I've been into photography off and on since the 80's but really got into it about 5 years ago. Here is my flickr gallery. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7561880@N05/ But looks like flickr is down right now.

Good to see fellow northwesters! :)

Ron

Hello all, I just found this site and WOW, very impressed. I live in south central Idaho and enjoy mostly railroad and landscape photography. ~ Mike

beautiful part of the state! i've been over there many times, mostly the Hailey/Ketchum area, but also the Salmon River Valley - Redfish, Stanley, etc. very photogenic! welcome to the forum!

Hello! I just found this site through Facebook, where I saw the group and joined. I live in southern Idaho and have been photographing for most of life, but seriously for the last 5+ years. I am so glad to see this site, where I will be able to both view and post photos of this wonderful region.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! Glad to see somebody who's actually interested in the site rather than just looking for a place to put an ad for his business like the previous poster... (I don't mind folks posting a link to their sites, that's perfectly fine and in fact I encourage our members to do it, but when the only thing they do is post a link and don't actually participate in the site that gets annoying!)

Please post some of your photos and join in the conversations!

Well hello and welcome aboard! We've had a recent influx of folks from that board, so you may well find some of your friends here too.

Hello! My name is Josh, and I'm in Pocatello. I stumbled onto this site through Aaron Hockley and Steve Eshom's blog Dogcaught.com. Looking forward to talk with other photographers in the state!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back