Lunar Eclipse 9-27-2015

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

I watched the supermoon eclipse in front of Seattle University's Chapel of St. Ignatius.

20150927-2R6A1911_export.jpg

Last edited:
Good shots. I had forgotten about the eclipse until I heard mention of it on the radio. I set up on my back deck, but the tall Doug firs across the street blocked the moon until the eclipse was nearly over.

The closest I got to photographing the eclipse, focussing through the branches of a Doug fir. Shot using the "shade" white balance setting.
01.JPG

The eclipse was nearly over when the moon cleared the trees. Taken using the "shade" white balance setting.
02.JPG

Taken using auto white balance.
03.JPG

My usual setting for moon shots: monochrome + blue tone.
04.JPG

05.JPG

I was shooting with my 5DIII + 500L telephoto + 2x teleconverter mounted on a tripod. With that magnification I could see the moon moving in its orbit while I was focussing.

Looking west from my back deck Monday morning before the moon set behind the Olympics. I experimented with different white balance settings.
01.JPG

02.JPG

I like this one, which I think was "shade."
03.JPG

"Shade" underexposed.
04.JPG

05.JPG

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back