Me and my shadow

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Mike-PDX

Same photo; two crops.

I'm looking for advice on these two crops of a Turkey Vulture and it's shadow soaring along a cliff in Zion National Park. Which shot is better at giving you the feeling of a bird riding the thermals?

BTW, the bird is impressive in itself, but when I saw the shadow I was blown away.

Horizontal - to give the feeling of moving left to right:
5793876762_58baa450b6_b_d.jpg

Vertical - to give a sense of being high above the ground:
5793318081_d6b29f9f9f_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
I like the vertical, the bird and his shadow are larger. And the rock wall seems more massive. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks, Amy. Your $.02 is valuable. I'm inclined to agree with you. Would love to hear what others think.

The vertical seems to give the cliffs more drama because of the swirl in the stone at the base. Add my .02 and you can get a cheeseburger...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back