Miss Antionette

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BrianH

shot while I was in AZ this past winter. came down with a severe case of the shingles and my eye sight was just not right for months. back at it and able to edit a bit. hope you like

DSC00697_ppmma.jpg

Very nice.... and we all thought that once you had chicken pox you were done with it.... DUH... we just don't know for sure..

Lighting is good but pulling her left shoulder so that's shes more of a 45 degree angle to the camera would improve the pose.

Very nice.... and we all thought that once you had chicken pox you were done with it.... DUH... we just don't know for sure..

shingles are 10 times worse than the pox get the shot if you can

Lighting is good but pulling her left shoulder so that's shes more of a 45 degree angle to the camera would improve the pose.

I have many of her with 45* to the camera E, I just like this one looking over her shoulder of this one.

Last edited:
Hey, welcome back Chito!

shingles are 10 times worse than the pox get the shot if you can...

I'll second that! They're really nasty, and scary too when your body starts tingling and you're not sure exactly what in the heck is going on. I caught mine fairly early, but I was still miserable with them. The doctor gave me something to control them, it seemed to work pretty well.

Supposedly, once you've had them, you don't get them again, but I know of at least two people who've had them more than once.

I have many of her with 45* to the camera E, I just like this one looking over her shoulder of this one.

I'm not a portrait shooter, so I'll defer to E on the posing suggestions. As for this shot, I like the over the shoulder look. What I don't like is her chest, or rather the fact it seems like she's trying to accentuate it.

Shoulders back, the angle she's at, the belt seems to be up a bit high, and they all seem to working to accentuate her chest. Of course, if that's the look you're after, it's fine. But it seems a bit forced, rather than relaxed and natural.

If you go in tight and crop out the shoulder, I like the first shot a lot. I also like the second one a lot, and think you've really captured the eyes quite nicely, which is very important.

One of the only things I do know about portraits is that the eyes matter, and a nice "catch light" in the eye makes a big difference. You've done that well in both shots.

I'm not a portrait shooter, so I'll defer to E on the posing suggestions. As for this shot, I like the over the shoulder look. What I don't like is her chest, or rather the fact it seems like she's trying to accentuate it.

Shoulders back, the angle she's at, the belt seems to be up a bit high, and they all seem to working to accentuate her chest. Of course, if that's the look you're after, it's fine. But it seems a bit forced, rather than relaxed and natural.

If you go in tight and crop out the shoulder, I like the first shot a lot. I also like the second one a lot, and think you've really captured the eyes quite nicely, which is very important.

One of the only things I do know about portraits is that the eyes matter, and a nice "catch light" in the eye makes a big difference. You've done that well in both shots.

Thanks Bob. Her chest is had to hide at 36F. LOL. There is added off camera flash to both shots. even though we are outdoors,

Welcome back. Lovely shot of a lovely model. Yikes, hmm, I better think about getting that shot.

Welcome back. Lovely shot of a lovely model. Yikes, hmm, I better think about getting that shot.

Thanks Janice, she is a tad short for a professional model, right at 5'0" tall. The shingles affected my sight for nearly 3 months. just now getting to where I feel comfortable working on pics again

Thanks Janice, she is a tad short for a professional model, right at 5'0" tall. The shingles affected my sight for nearly 3 months. just now getting to where I feel comfortable working on pics again

She is lovely, professional or not.

The impacted vision would be the most difficult for me to deal with. I never realized that eyesight could be affected.

Well, I've just never been a fan of the shoulder in the lens pose.

Now then the hard core rules followers would tell you that you need to have white on both sides of the eye. In the first one I feel (my opinion) is that her eyes are also jammed too fare to the side. But on the plus side you avoided any unsightly creases of skin in the neck.

Now then I think the eyes work on the second shot. As I ask myself why the only difference I can see in the two shots to make it work for one and not the other is the camera angle. The higher angle of the second shot makes the shot work.

There is some PS tricks that would make those big browns really pop.

Well, I've just never been a fan of the shoulder in the lens pose.

Now then the hard core rules followers would tell you that you need to have white on both sides of the eye. In the first one I feel (my opinion) is that her eyes are also jammed too fare to the side. But on the plus side you avoided any unsightly creases of skin in the neck.

Now then I think the eyes work on the second shot. As I ask myself why the only difference I can see in the two shots to make it work for one and not the other is the camera angle. The higher angle of the second shot makes the shot work.

There is some PS tricks that would make those big browns really pop.

I know the rules all 48 LOL. I tend to do little PS work on my work. I like to show people for who they are. She is very lovely and was fun to work with.

The first shot the lower angle was on purpose to get her head angle the way I wanted. the lighting was also experimental, an off camera flash on to a silver reflector held 90* to her cheek, gave me an interesting Rembrandt light.

Welcome back Chito. Good lighting and I like how you chose to shoot down slightly. Good luck with your health in the future.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back