Mr. Anna's Hummingbird

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Deka

Hey you. Yeah you! Can't you see I'm trying to attract a mate here.
You can leave now. Please!
7DM2001102.jpg

CC is welcome.

Deka

Last edited:
Great shot. I never get tired of photographing hummers and the male Anna's are such great posers. You did a very good job of bringing out the bright red feathers without burning them out.

Thank you Bill.
It's funny that you mention burning the color out. I've got some of those shots as well. They didn't make the cut.
Who would have thought that the feathers are so reflective that even red gets blown out.

Deka

Thank you Bill.
It's funny that you mention burning the color out. I've got some of those shots as well. They didn't make the cut.
Who would have thought that the feathers are so reflective that even red gets blown out.

Deka

It is a real problem with male Anna's. I have tried to correct it by experimenting with negative exposure compensation.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back