Mt. Shasta

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

TheTurk

779468383_XCGV4-XL.jpg

Not Mt. Shasta but wanted to post it here.

Beautiful Night...
779471259_NcsnE-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots turk! (As usual...)

The last shot is interesting. How did you get the stars without noticable star trails?

^Thnx Bob,

For some reason stars were looking a lot more clear there then here in Seattle. It's a 30 second exposure. It might also have to do with the altitude. I think it was around 6500 feet.

oo, ah, wow! Lovely. I remember camping in the cascades near Crater Lake. I remember the starts to always be stunning. I think you have a point about the altitude.

Altitude helps a lot, less air to filter and disperse the starlight. In Seattle we typically have a lot of moist air and mist, which just makes it even worse. Probably more smog than we'd like to think too.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back