Northern Shrike *Digiscoped

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Joemeche

As I prepare for my digiscoping class in Edmonds in September (can never start too early) I run across some of my favorites, like this juvenile Northern Shrike that no one could get with 'standard' gear; hence, the scope to the rescue. ;)

NSHR0117TwoSmC.jpg

Not an often photographed bird, or at least as far as I have seen. Nice shot.

Great shot. I love the shrike's scaly looking feathers. A juvie spent the winter of 2012-13 at the Edmonds marsh, but we were not so fortunate this past winter. I did see adults this winter at the usual birding hot spots on Fir Island and off Eide Road near Stanwood.

FYI: Joe's digiscoping class will be a part of the 2014 Puget Sound Birdfest of Edmonds. I am on the Bird Fest planning committee. I'll post up a reminder in July after the Birdfest website announces the schedule of events.
http://www.pugetsoundbirdfest.com/

Last edited:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back