pied-bill takeoff

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
got a few shots of pied-billed grebes taking flight this afternoon at Juanita. i got a lot more than these, but most were pretty repetitive...i liked these best of the lot.

IMG_7037%20crop%20sm.jpg

IMG_7039%20crop_filtered%20sm.jpg

IMG_7010%20crop_filtered%20sm.jpg

There was a pied-bill grebe that spent several winters at the Edmonds marina, but I haven't seen it this year.

Great sequence Rocky. Looks like they are walking on water trying to get airborne.
thanks, Ken! that's about what they do... takes 'em about 20-25 yards to get airborne with lots of splashing and "footprints" behind them... this little guy left quite a trail...

IMG_7041 crop sm.jpg

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back