Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge, Fall is here and things are picking up.

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

JaniceL

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple days of rain and nothing to do I thought perhaps this was a good day to head to Ridgefield. Let's hear it for the return of the fall/winter wildlife viewing season.

A great blue heron, shopping for dinner.
15164102510_2daea4ce4e_b.jpg
Shopping for dinner in the floral department by Janice L, on Flickr

An American Heron caught his dinner.
15164284897_59cd37f2ca_b.jpg
The story of an American Bittern and a Tadpole. by Janice L, on Flickr

A mom out with her kids herds them away from the photographer.
15164039709_15443234ac_b.jpg
Raccoon Family by Janice L, on Flickr

Not the best shot. But, hey they were a long way out there.
15164036869_4fc4dc92fa_b.jpg
Sandhill Cranies by Janice L, on Flickr

A rare find at this refuge, a White Faced Ibis who joined a Great Blue Heron at the old watering hole.
15347618711_afb3d6d55c_b.jpg
Odd couple by Janice L, on Flickr

Thanks Janice. I need to get down to Vancouver to visit my parents and a stop at Ridgefield would be nice.

Between 12 and 13 up the little channel about 2/3 between the posts. But that was a couple days ago. Also saw a GHO, just past where the road turns at the gate to the hunting area, across the canal, but he had his back turned to me.

Good catch on the ibis. It is becoming quite the celebrity as birders from up my way are going down to see it.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back