Short Eared Owl - breaking the drought

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

retief

That is breaking my personal drought. The last couple of years have not been good for finding good consistent Short Eared Owls. Nice to find somewhere I can hunker down and shoot again.

On the Hunt:
p604510637-4.jpg

Wow. Perfect. Did you use autofocus? Which camera?

Thank you very much.

I shoot Nikon D300, this is with the 400mm f2.8 AFS-1 plus a Nikon TC-20-III. I always shoot auto-focus, these owls are way too fast for me to manual focus.

Thanks, Mike. Great subject and beautiful afternoon light make my job relatively easy. All I have to do is get in the right position and then Poing and Shoot! ;)

Nicely caught. It's tough trying to find something like this when there is great light like you had for this. Well done.

Thanks, Janice and Tony. I am planning to be back at "the spot" later today, and I will get there at least once a week over the season. Any time you want to joing me, let me know, it only takes a few hours in the afternoon :D

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back