Snoqualmie Falls

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Stopped by on the way home from a project the other day. Before I went, something was bothering me, but I thought it was just that the falls were probably going to be in shadow at that time of day.

Once I got there, I remembered the other issue. The falls are currently a construction project! Being a government job, it's been going on since 2009, and won't be done until 2013. http://www.pse.com/inyourcommunity/...lmie-Falls-Hydroelectric-Project-Upgrade.aspx

Last edited:
Just for fun and practice, I did a quick HDR. Hand held, since with the cranes and sheet piling wall it wasn't going to be a great shot no matter what I did... I can see some nice potential here once the work is done.

View attachment 7283

Good too know I'm heading Seattle way soon so I know to go elsewhere. I remember this being up for "photoshop this".

Good too know I'm heading Seattle way soon so I know to go elsewhere. I remember this being up for "photoshop this".

Thanks Christena! This kind of local and current info is exactly why I created this site. Things change... Snoqualmie Falls is normally a premier photo destination. For the next year or two, not quite as picturesque.

Mt Rainier National Park is another example. The wildflowers are late this year, where they're blooming at all. You can get up to date info here.

Thanks Bob I will. I'll be there in the middle of Sept. First half of the week Tacoma...second half Seattle.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back