Snowing at Boundary Bay - Owls that is

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

retief

I took advantage of a sunny day yesterday to head to Boundary Bay, BC Canada to photograph Snow Owls. The number of owls, reported to be around 2 dozen, were well outnumbered by the photographers.

What a great day overall, even though I almost got stuck in the Great Canadian Mud.

Most of these are full frame, one has a bit of "empty" taken off the bottom, another from the right side. Some nice close fly-by's:

p561835069-4.jpg

p781013366-4.jpg

p770534700-4.jpg

Take-Off, this was cropped about 20%:

p947608771-4.jpg

The next two were cropped about 30%. These are an example of getting lucky when someone who is not careful flushes an owl.

Landing Flaps Down:

p698893522-4.jpg

Landing Gear Deployed:

p612620102-4.jpg

And I still have more to go. Needless to say, for me this was a great trip. I'm anxiously awaiting Jim's pictures as well as Louie's. As we were together I saw an Owl flying directly toward us and let everyone know. I could not get a shot as everyone was in my way, but I think Jim got that one head-on, should be great I think.

Attachments

• p852629765-4.png
    p852629765-4.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by a moderator:
Great landing/approach shots, Bill. It does sound like a zoo still. I know Dave was at Ocean Shores again yesterday. Hopefully that's still fairly quiet.

Max

Thanks, Max, yes it is a bit of a zoo, but manageable. I can't imagine what it is like on a weekend though. I may try to make it up there one more time as it is closer than Damon Point. But I will get to Damon Point at least once as well, the Owls should still be around through January, at least they were in 2006.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back