Space Needle Photos being used for PSA in Japan

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

On April 4, 2011, The Space Needle turned Red and White to encourage support for the people of Japan after the devastating earthquake and tsunami. It turns out that a company in Japan wants to use my photograph's for their PSA (Public Service Announcement)... Please see email and photos below:

Hi David,

I hope you are having a good weekend. It’s already Monday noon here in Japan.
Below is the full details of the PSA which I have sent all the properties:

End-Client= Advertising Council Japan (www.ad-c.or.jp/eng/). AKA: AC Japan
Type of Ad= Public Service Announcement
Ad Agency= Ogilvy & Mather Japan
Production Company= Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
Concept of Ad=
6.9 billion people are praying for Japan’s reconstruction from the earthquake disaster.
And an unbelievable amount of money was raised. Children in troubled regions prayed for us and fundraising took place in the slum district.
These kinds of actions made us feel that the world is as one and gave us courage. We would like to convey this heartfelt, loving support we received from around the world via AC Japan to as many people in Japan. We would like to make the people of Japan feel positive about their future through this.

Media= All Networks so it should be the 6 major networks (NHK, NTV, TBS, Fuji TV, TV Asahi, TV Tokyo) and the local networks in Japan. As for the internet, it will be uploaded to the Japanese AC Japan website.

Term= 6 months from the middle of May 2011

Territory= Japan (Note: internet is worldwide by the definition of internet.
However, the advertisement will be in Japanese only)

I will keep you posted on the project but please feel free to reach out to me as well.

Best Regards,

Alan Sayama, Client Leader
GreenLight Japan Inc., A Corbis Company
Tokyo, Japan 150-0043

View attachment 6276

View attachment 6277

View attachment 6278

View attachment 6279

View attachment 6280

How cool is that, man!? Congrats!!! So cool to be involved with something like that! Awesome.

Congratulations! :)

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back