Still More Edmonds Eagles Action 2-8-14

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

Bill Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saturday morning (2/8) a juvie was perched in the trees across the railroad tracks from the off leash dog park at Marina Beach. I took several photos as it flew from tree to tree, then made a few circles and headed north.
01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

All the while an adult remained perched on the raptor tree at the fish hatchery grounds.
04.JPG

After visiting the fishing pier, I parked on Sunset Ave. An adult and juvie flew north directly over Sunset Ave. and chased each other out over Puget Sound.
05.JPG

Last edited:
In an attempt to track down the eagles, my bird watcher friend Young Dave and I walked north towards Carey Road. Dave noticed a pair of adults had landed south of us in the tree near the corner of Edmonds St. and Sunset Ave, so we headed back south.
06.JPG

One of the adults took off before we reached the tree.
07.JPG

The other adult remained in the tree and posed for us.
08.JPG

It also drew the attention of one of the evil minions of the Dark Lord.
09.JPG

In the meantime, its mate was looking for lunch out over the Sound.
10.JPG

Last edited:
The bird on the tree flew out to join is mate on patrol over Puget Sound. I did not see a third eagle, possibly the juvie, in the upper right corner of the photo until I viewed the photos on my computer at home.
11.JPG

One of the eagles flew back to the tree.
12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

It did not remain on the tree very long.
16.JPG

17.JPG

It made two attempts at landing on one of the floating barrels in the dive park. The barrels are metal and failed to provide a secure grip for the eagle to perch.

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Last edited:
The other adult flew over and both birds circled the ferry dock.
21.JPG

I am always looking for photos of our national bird + national flag.
22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

I concluded the day with a trip to the marsh. Looking south from the #2 viewing platform, I thought I saw the two adults circling over Pt. Edwards.

I was wrong. It was an adult and a juvie.
25.JPG

26.JPG

The adult landed in the family tree at the top of Pine St. It did not seem happy to have the juvie nearby.
27.JPG

Last edited:
Great Bald Eagle series with storyline Bill. I will have to come up to Edmonds for some interesting "Eagle Action" soon.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back