Sunday 3/23 at Juanita

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
took a drive down to Kirkland, to Juanita Bay Park this afternoon, to see what i could see... these are all full-frame shots, no crops, just resized for posting.

bald eagle fly-by - 7D, 100-400 @ 285mm, 1/1000 @ f/7.1

IMG_8337sm_zps4424c547.jpg

ruby-crowned kinglet - 400mm, 1/400 @ f/8

IMG_8276sm_zps0b919e7b.jpg

mama RWBB doin' the splits... 400mm, 1/1000 @ f/7.1

IMG_8357sm_zps312f5a71.jpg

Rocky:
I love the Bald Eagle capture, lighting is beautiful. Your RWBB capture is tack sharp. It was very nice to meet you in person and shoot with you :). I love this location and will need to come back for possible better captures/opportunities of the wood ducks, Flycatcher, and Eagles. I live in Kent, WA so it is not too far away. Take care.

Glenn Lahde

Last edited:
^^ What Debbie said!
The lighting and detail on the eagle in flight is superb.
Chad

thanks, Chad!

Bravo, Rocky! ;)

Rocky:
I love the Bald Eagle capture, lighting is beautiful. Your RWBB capture is tack sharp. It was very nice to meet you in person and shoot with you :). I love this location and will need to come back for possible better captures/opportunities of the wood ducks, Flycatcher, and Eagles. I live in Kent, WA so it is not too far away. Take care.
Glenn Lahde

thanks, Glenn! it was a pleasure meeting you as well... i'm sure i'll see you there again! i'm up in Everett, so it's about 22 miles, but there's really no place comparable closer than Nisqually, and there you can't get nearly as close to the critters... it should start getting "busy" there in a couple more weeks.

Bravo, Rocky! ;)

thanks, Joe!

Great closeups. Did you make a trip to Cabela's for camo gear? ;)

LOL! thanks, Bill. nope, just standin' on the boardwalk! that's the neat thing about Juanita... you can get excellent close shots without having to lug around a 500mm with a converter on it... ;) not to say that set-up wouldn't be nice to have sometimes, but you can get lots of good stuff just with a 400 (or a 70-200 with a 2x... ).

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back