The Brenizer Method

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

BobH

Administrator
Staff member
Came across this new technique on Facebook, looks interesting...

http://blog.buiphotography.com/2009/07/the-brenizer-method-explained-with-directions/

Wedding photographer extraordinaire Ryan Brenizer invented this really cool technique while on his honeymoon which is dubbed “The Brenizer Method”. For those who may or may not have heard of it and are not sure of what this technique is exactly, it’s essentially using a telephoto lens to create a very shallow depth of field as if shot with a wider angle lens. This technique makes a dSLR image look like it was shot by medium format.

Anyone ever used this method? Anyone ever heard of it for that matter?

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what he's doing. Is he simply stitching a bunch of images together? Seems like there's more to it than that...

He is getting some interesting depth of field on images with a telephoto lens.

That's kind of what I was seeing too Jake, but I have only skimmed the material and thought maybe I'd overlooked something.

So the essence of the method is to use a shallow depth of field and lock in the focus distance? Seems simple enough, maybe I'll give it a try some time.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back