tonite's "blood moon"

PNWPhotos.com a friendly and growing community of photographers with an interest in the Pacific Northwest region. We feature a Photography Discussion Forum and Pacific Northwest Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other photographers, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more!

squirl033

Super Moderator
Staff member
just a shot of the moon during the eclipse tonite (9/27)... lot of haze low in the sky, by the time the moon rose high enough to be clear of the haze, totality was almost over.

IMG_6374%20crop%20sm_zps2t6hpxea.jpg

just a shot of the moon during the eclipse tonite (9/27)... lot of haze low in the sky, by the time the moon rose high enough to be clear of the haze, totality was almost over.

Nice one! I had the exact same problem. That looks pretty sharp, what settings did you use?

I spent a good bit of the eclipse teaching myself lunar photography by trial and error. I plan to write up what I learned soon.

Here's the two shots I like best from my attempt:

By the time I got anything worthwhile, totality had already ended.

lunar 1.jpg

lunar 2.jpg

Nice one! I had the exact same problem. That looks pretty sharp, what settings did you use?
I spent a good bit of the eclipse teaching myself lunar photography by trial and error. I plan to write up what I learned soon.

thanks, Bob... mine was shot at about 1/2 second, f/6.3, ISO 800 with the Tammy at 550mm. the haze really limited what i could get until totality was almost over.

thanks, Bob... mine was shot at about 1/2 second, f/6.3, ISO 800 with the Tammy at 550mm. the haze really limited what i could get until totality was almost over.

Sounds like we were in agreement on just about everything. When it finally got bright enough to be down towards 1/2 second, I was able to get some shots without too much blur.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

PNWPhotos.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back